PEP Summer Institute
PEP’s Summer Institute is designed to develop skills and competencies that will supplement certification and in-service training for teachers, para-professionals and support staff working with children and youth experiencing severe emotional and behavioral challenges.
The Summer Institute is a five-day training experience. Training content includes:
- Introduction to Re-ED Philosophy;
- Classroom Structure;
- Supporting Behavior Change;
- Mastery Teaching;
- Ecology and Diversity;
- Group Process with Student Demonstrations;
- Home/School Partnerships;
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention;
- Accommodating Students with Common Disabilities in the Classroom;
- Teaching Social Skills with Student Demonstrations;
- Plus Additional Content through Poster Sessions.
Each participant will be responsible for outlining and presenting suggestions for adapting the above training to the context in which each participant works.
Credits and Costs
Thirty CEU’s in Ohio Social Work or Counseling are available through PEP. Two graduate credit hours are available through Ashland University for an additional cost.
216-361-7232 ext. 210
2013 Summer Institute Registration Materials
Staff Development and Training Director
3100 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44115
216-361-7760 ext. 127